7.18.2012

Diet Challenge Day 3

So today is the third day in my diet challenge and I have been able to stick to the plan. I feel like I slayed a few food dragons today, and now I will shamelessly brag about it here... :)

First, my local theater does $1.00 movies on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. They are previously released films. The first words out of my son's mouth, "let's buy popcorn." We ate a snack in the car before we went in and I had two quarters in my pocket so I let my kids buy candy from the vending machine. An idea for the future when it comes to portion control. We watched "Cats and Dogs" it was cute but I fell asleep three or four times during the movie. I got up early, 5:45am, to walk with my neighbor so I am pretty tired today. So we left the theater without a diet "fail." Hooray!

Next, a brand new self-serve frozen yogurt place just opened up in our neighborhood. We had some time to kill and they were offering a discount due to their grand opening. The kids really enjoyed it and we had a great time until Ian was done and decided he wanted seconds. I let him "taste test" a few more flavors, but at one point he did lay on the floor of the very busy fro yo store and throw a fit. I picked him up over my shoulder and said we are leaving!!! I put on bright pink lip gloss on my way in and left with it on, I felt good about that. I decided that when my challenge is up the first "treat" that I want is a frozen yogurt. I started thinking about how I would incorporate food like yogurt in my healthy eating plan. This is always the challenge for me. People say all things in moderation and I agree with that, but more often than not, when I say yes to a less healthy choice I say yes to "a lot" of it!


No comments:

Search Still Not So Graceful