10.06.2008

New Boots, New Coat, New Hat

Ellie just got this coat and these boots from Lori and Pam. She was so excited to go outside and wear them. She is also very into "hopscotch" right now. She asked me to draw the rainbow at the top! The hat is a souvenir I brought back for her from a women's retreat I just went on. Once again, in Leavenworth!
If you look closely you can see she still has breakfast on her face AND a shiner on her eye from where she ran into a table this past Saturday. Brian said she cried for me... of course I wasn't here to get her an ice pack. So sad! :(
When we came inside Ellie said to me "Mom, that was a fun adventure wasn't it? That was a fun adventure outside." It is such a joy to see that the little things, like going outside with sidewalk chalk, are an exciting adventure for a two-year-old. It reminds me of when I was a kid and my mom introduced us to sidewalk chalk, hopscotch, and snail hopscotch it is so fun to pass this tradition on to my daughter.

3 comments:

Grandma D said...

Ellie looks SO adorable in her new outfit! How fitting for this season too!

...I can't see the shiner or the breakfast, just the sweetest, most beautiful reflection of her momma I have yet seen.

She is so cute Kelly. You are doing a great job being a mom. I love that you are doing these kinds of things and that you have happy memories too.

These are the days that she will cherish and you will as well.

Praying for you day & night, Mom

Ariana Sullivan said...

I love the outfit. Did you have a blast in Leavenworth?
I love that you did hopscotch with her. I should do that with Brooklyn when we're settled in. I've taught her snail hopscotch, but never the real thing. Funny.

Ellie is looking awfully blong in these pictures! I love her side swept bangs!

Ariana Sullivan said...

blong is supposed to be blond!! doh

(and when I typed this correction I typed blong again the second time!) lol

Search Still Not So Graceful